Monday, June 29, 2009

Watering Report

For those of you who will water I want to report that Sonia is right in her estimate of the time it takes--at least 2 hours. It took me more time than that today, but I think I've got a system down now.

I was able to find the key in the pot with the purple plant--on the dirt, under the leaves. I almost didn't find it because it's a perfect hiding place--the color and value of the key almost match the dry dirt. I got the spray nozzle from Kristy and Carol's office and put it back there when I was done.

Carol and Kristy suggested propping open the cafeteria and/or the door to the yard with a chair as sometimes the doors are locked (today they weren't) AND leaving a note on the chair AND to have the phone number for someone you know is in the building in case you get locked out.

Dragging out the hose is hard, sweaty, dirty work. It took me at least 1/2 hour to drag, untangle, and set up before I started watering (I included this in the 2+ hours). Putting it back is faster. Phew!

The tree with the wooden chimes was tipped over when I got there. It looked healthy and unharmed, but the pot was very light due to the dirt being dry and I think it fell over b/c it was top-heavy.

Finally, Tony the janitor told us (Rebecca was there measuring the yard for our garden layout plans) that we needed to leave by 5 today because school is no longer in session for the summer.

That's it for today's watering report!

No comments:

Post a Comment