Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lunch

Unfortunately I dropped my camera into a mug of hot coffee, so the pictures I took this week are stuck inside my memory card for now. Therefore I'll just report that I arrived during the students' lunch hour and there were 20+ students out in the yard. Some were in the basketball area, but most of them were chatting, eating, and studying in various parts of the garden. One group had notebooks out and seemed to be working together in the shady section of the garden. They had pulled the benches that face each other closer together. The traffic was noisy so I assumed that this was so they could hear each other better. (It will be good to be aware of this when the placement of benches is planned in the future).

Another thing I noticed, after the students left and I had finished watering, was that squirrels were enjoying lunch too--munching unfinished lunches inside of the trash barrel and also food that was forgotten on the benches and tables.


I'll end this post with two pictures I took earlier in September of a sculptures decorating the fence of another garden in the neighborhood--on 9th and B. One reminded me of the red zinnias that are still blooming in the Bard Garden.

1 comment:

  1. Karen,

    Thanks for the photos, did you resolve the camera dilemna? I'll get Tim to post the photo of the space without the play eqpt this weekend.

    It's raining today and so the plants must be drinking well!

    ReplyDelete