Sunday, February 14, 2010

Lowe's Toolbox for Education Grant Success!


Recently garden committee member Helen Slavin was excited to let us all know that she'd gotten a letter from Lowe's informing us that we were selected to receive a $2600 grant for "The Bard Yard."

Lowe's donates $5 million to public schools every year through their Toolbox for Education Grants. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Lowe's. The bulk of this money will be spent on an automated sprinkler system and as I've mentioned in earlier entries watering the garden has been extremely labor-intensive and time consuming. This grant will help to ease the maintenance and ensure the future of the garden.

It's been a while since I posted so to jog my memory I looked through the past blog entries and found this one with details of our plans for a sprinkler system. Some of the members will be meeting soon to nail down the particulars for ordering the system.

If any parents of the Bard H.S. Early College community see this blog and are interested in joining the committee please leave a comment and make sure that you are put onto our group email list. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have as well. We would love to have new members to help out with future planning, the sprinkler installation and spring planting (which is really fun and satisfying).

P.S. I just scrolled backward (fast) through the past blog entries. I recommend it if you'd like to get a pictorial history of the 2009 garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment