Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wildlife in the Garden

I went a little crazy with my camera this week and took too many pictures, so get ready to scroll.


The butterfly was back this week with friends, but I couldn't get two in the same shot as proximity seemed to excite them to crazy fluttering and flying. Pheromones I guess.

I did get a bug on a brand new and beautiful rose bloom though!

And noticed bees doing their pollinating thing for the first time.

I also had a visit from a couple of fat sparrows who bathed in water that had dripped down from the large pot in the corner.

More evidence of critter-digging in this planter of snapdragons. What are they eating? Snapdragons or bugs in the snapdragons? Please leave a comment if you know, or have a theory.

Before and...

After--this is same planter that I found had been dug up last week. I was amazed how much the tiny seedlings that were left had grown.

Gorgeousness
Nothing much to say--just enjoy.







Problem Areas?
What do you think?

I am worried about the sunflower. Maybe it just didn't get enough water last week, or maybe the pot is too small?


And what about these tiger lilies. Everytime I see them the blooms look dried up and I imagine that they should be on the shady side. They are very tall, and the blooms are up high in the sky and the elements. What do the garden committee experts think?

Here are some very tall flowers on the shady side which seem to be doing well.

That's it for this week.
Next week: Trees (Principal Ray Peterson reported today that we are getting 30 more from the New York Restoration Project)

2 comments:

  1. Nice shots of the animals and flowers! What are those tall flowers on the shady side? I need to get some of those for home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. I only know the easy ones.

    ReplyDelete